Phraseanet is an Open Source Digital Asset Management solution dedicated to professionals who need a complete system to manage, publish and share their digital media resources (pictures, videos, audio, PDF, Office documents…).
Phraseanet is the answer for media management needs in various contexts, from institutional to event or product communication (interconnection with third-party applications such as ecommerce, PIM, MDM…).
This solution is published by Alchemy, a long-standing player in the DAM market.
Established in organizations of all sizes, Phraseanet provides all the necessary tools for capturing, indexing, organization and use of the digital resources.
It also has an API of a PHP SDK development kit, as well as a catalog of plugins.
A reference solution, Phraseanet is currently used by many organizations:
- City halls : Paris, Nice, Toulouse, Grenoble, Bordeaux, Montpellier…
- Monoprix, VentePrivee, Vinci, Sanofi Aventis, TF1, France Télévisions, Canal+…
- Education: Insead, Polytechnique, Lille University…
Phraseanet main features
Transfer documents from a standard web browser : select files, a destination collection, reorder documents, send to server. The quarantine isolates duplicates, new versions of an existing file or non-compliant files (eligibility criteria can be defined). Processes make all the necessary under resolutions, others list and extract metadata (IPTC, XMP, Exif, ID3, MP3, PDF…).
Phraseanet relies on the Elastic search engine and provides a link to full text, thesaurus searches, and categorize and filter results with facets. A detailed view in order to see the description, modification history and downloads, popularity, list of baskets and stories where a document belongs.
In the Production interface, it is possible to add documents to a basket, make a story or a Webgallery, batch indexing documents, manage the business fields, create indexing files templates…
Finally, export: local download in various resolutions available according to the user’s rights, email sending a link to download the document with a validity period, transfer to an FTP server…
It can also be used to request the validation of documents, then viewable in Phraseanet Lightbox: send a link allowing users to validate a selection, add comments, view the choices made by others, be notified by email and receive an internal notification of the feedback.
Phraseanet is also a tool to publish a Parade customer site, set up publishing workflows, send selection of documents to a list of users, send documents to social networks, use the URLs or Iframes of the Webgalleries to broadcast content anywhere.
Create databases and collections, define documentary structure and standards, language labels, link the fields to the thesaurus… You can also setup the under resolutions for the documents, process and workflow tasks. Manage the users’ rights and subscriptions requests. Access rights are managed by collection and for a better advanced rights management, the Phraseanet status enable to apply access rights to the lowest level: the document.
Add new terms, synonyms and translations. List new candidate terms sorted by fields and add, delete or substitute candidate terms.
To monitor any activity on Phraseanet, to know which documents have been downloaded, the most active users, the most frequently asked questions or the ones that return no answer. All reports can be exported in CSV format.
Phraseanet 4.0 Elastic Release (May 2016).
A new search engine for a brand new user experience !
Phraseanet takes another leap forward with the release of version 4, which now features one of the most advanced open source search engines.
The Elastic search engine has been selected to replace the existing Phrasea engine.
Alchemy has chosen to rely on the skills of an expert partner for its development team for this strategic site on Elastic.
The first purpose of this version was to be isofunctional while beginning to take advantage of the power of Elastic.
Phraseanet V4 holds this promise and improves the speed of processing and display research.
The faceted navigation enables to create a « mapping » of the response. This innovation significantly enhances the experience for users who can now browse in a very intuitive way by creating several association filters.
The user is guided in its search : full text, through the thesaurus, combining criteria and filters, or geolocation…
> Test Phraseanet 4.0!
Parade is the technological base that enables the development of Front end applications which are fully customizable to get closer to the end users’ needs in terms of graphic interface and navigation.
PARADE V2 (MAY 2016)
– Rewrite in Symfony 2 (update to Symfony 2 in progress)
– Implementation of a modular architecture to easily add new features
– Redesign of the administration in single-page app (AngularJS)
– Compatibility with various sources of authentication : basic local accounts, Phraseanet, OAuth, LDAP (SAML in review)
– Customizable templates, easy integration of your identity
– Smart organization. Expose the media you wish from Phraseanet.
– Advanced user management, limiting access by sections, status or metadata on your documents.
– Develop your own template to display your documents according to your needs (type of medias, metadata, media format)
– Advanced search features : filters, facets, customizable filters by sections.
– A complete functional: Orders, multi Baskets, Players, editable General Conditions of Use, editable Help.
NEW PLUGIN: WEBGALLERIES
An internal Phraseanet plugin for publishing and sharing your media content as a permalink or an iframe that uses one of the layout formats of predefined Webgalleries.
– Set the start and end publication date
-Choose downloadable formats
-Fully customizable graphic interface
NEW MICROSOFT OFFICE ADDIN
Now you can access Phraseanet from your Microsoft Office tools : Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Available from the Insert Menu, the Office addins allow to :
-Search, drag and drop the correct resolution of a document, its description
-Get an access to the baskets
-Use a link from a Webgallery
-Identification of users through LDAP
API AND LIBRARIES
Phraseanet is built on Open Source projects and uses Symfony, Twig, Sphinx Search, components, among others.
You will find here all projects developed for Phraseanet. All these components are open source, so you can use them for free and fork them. Check out this website :
Phraseanet Fast Facts
- Open Source, licensed under the GNU GPL v3 license
- Manages all standard formats of documents : pictures, videos, audio, PDF, Office documents
- Multiplatform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Multilingual : French, English, German, Dutch
- Unlimited number of users and collections
- Modules according to the needs and rights of users (administration and setup, upload, content management, thesaurus management, reporting…)
- Management of user rights
- Share to external applications and social networks
- API and PHP development kit
- Internal plugins (LDAP, Webgalleries)
- External plugins (WordPress, Office addin, Magento extension…)
Wondering how to pronounce “Phraseanet”? Here’s the answer in phonetics! >>